SPINE is a webbased Content Management System, implemented in Perl and released under the GPL (GNU Public License). It requires a Unix flavored webserver, a database (postgresql or mysql), a default Apache installation and mod_perl.
It features mixed static/dynamic content, separated template and content administration, granular privileges, userfriendly URLs, plugins
- Easy to use Webbased administration: Administrate your site through web forms
- Full template support: Separate style from content
- Integrate components into your pages: Navigation bars, macros, message boards, page statistics, ...
- Full template support: Easily switch between available styles or add custom styles
- Supports Apache 1.3x and Apache 2.x (mod_perl v1 and v2) : Fast page loading and administration
- Mix Static and Dynamic content transparently
- Unix style access control restrictions: Permit access to pages based on usernames and usergroups.
- Usergroup based adminstrative permissions: Restrict access to administrative panels based on usergroups.
- Minimal requirements: Very few extra packages required.
- File manager: Create folders and Copy, upload and rename files in a chrooted environment.
- Extensive API: Developers can add both normal plugins and administration plugins. Integrate with Apache configuration and additional mod_perl handlers.
- Uses database for storage: Support mysql & postgresql
- Short and search engine friendly URLs: Documents are visible are regular files
- No data files: Load database, copy images files, copy Apache configuration and starting using. Single installation per webserver
- Simultaneous unique setups
- Native access logging with advanced details: browser, IP.
- Manage any media type: Generate HTML, XML, CSS.
- Short learning process & No programming required
- Search engine plugin