LedNews is a CGI application written entirely in perl. Its designed to be as simple as possible, but very powerful at the same time. Here are just a few of the features:
- Plugin System - New in version 1.0, a fully functional plugin system, with 10+ plugins included in the package:
- Data File Backup
- News Preview
- File Permissions Checks
- Plugin Manager
- News Post Stats
- Update Checker
- URL Parser
- View Posts Per-Category (Highly requested feature!)
- XML Builder (Headlines) -- For RSS-style feeds of your latest news posts
- Style Settings - One of the most powerful features of LedNews is the flexibility of the news that it output. With proper configuration, lednews can generate the standard 'ever post is an entity of its own' or the news can be grouped together by day with a header date, like many major news sites do.
- Built-in Comments System - LedNews also comes packed with a built-in comments system. No need to do masses of complex configuration to get an add-on to work like many other news programs require. Getting the comments to work is as easy as creating a comments page and including the cgi file in via SSI.
- Built-in E-Mail Notice System - That's right, LedNews even comes with a built-in email notice system. This type of system allows you to send out notification emails to other sites or people about your news post.
- Simple Interface - The interface, while powerful and very functional, is very easy to use. No more guessing what something does!
- Much more... - These are just the features we have room to list here! Many more included in the packaged! (Including support for multiple users [several people have asked about this], I guess I sort of figured this was an implied feature.)
Snap Builder Dec 31, 2014 820 Views
No comments have been left here yet.